Salem Distributing is a certified 100% employee owned company.
Precision/Ophthalmic Division Manager
Reports to: Vice President of Sales
Job Summary: The Precision/Ophthalmic Division Manager will be responsible for working with our suppliers in developing value-added products to meet our customer’s needs and recommending those supplies to our diverse customer base. This position will also assist in establishing short and long-term sales strategies that will increase sales and market share. The ideal candidate has the ability to create a vision for this market, is comfortable working on their own and works well with front-line employees as well as owners of a company. The candidate should be located in the East Coast area (ideally North-East).
Key industrial applications include ophthalmic (lenses for eyewear), precision optics, electro optics, polishing and grinding of plastics, acrylics, various glass types, brittle surfaces and an industrial sales background is needed.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Develop and execute strategic plans for Salem ensuring goals and objectives to support the corporate strategic and business plans.
• Develop, manage and attain the annual sales goals and gross margin plans for divisions.
• Prepare monthly sales reports and enter account updates in TDF (Customer Relationship Module).
• Handle technical calls and troubleshooting from customers and sales force related to supplies and provide assistance with repairs of equipment.
• Ability to develop rapport with customer management and maintain strong working relationships.
This job description is not intended as a complete list of all job duties. The incumbent may be required to perform other duties and tasks.
• Experience in lens processing and optics required.
• BA/BS required or industry experience equivalent.
• 5 Years of experience in customer service or sales (preferably outside sales).
• Excellent driving record. Must be able to travel to customer locations, trade shows and other events as requested.
• 50% overnight travel a possibility.
• Autonomy (performs without any or limited supervision)
• Technical ability
• Self-starter with strong initiative
• Ability to prioritize and multitask
• Excellent problem-solving ability
• Continuously strives to become a product and application expert
This job description is intended to provide general information about the position. It is not an employment contract. As with all positions, the responsibilities, duties, and requirements of this job may change. The company, in its discretion, may alter this job description at any time with or without notice.
For more information, or to apply, please contact us at: email@example.com
Salem Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer