Salem is a certified 100% employee owned company. An employee stock ownership plan allows employees to directly benefit from company growth and profitability brought about through their own hard work. Since 2000, Salem has made annual contributions to the employee stock ownership plan for all eligible employees. Our employee-owners are invested in delivering success!
Salem Distributing Company, Inc., through each of our four divisions – SALEM Flat Glass & Mirror, SALEM Stone, SALEM Vision and SALEM Advanced Surfaces, employs people in locations across the United States in addition to our facilities in North Carolina, California and Toronto, Canada.
Salem offers employee-owners the stability of a recognized leader in the industries it serves, along with the chance to learn, grow, advance and make a difference. As a private company, we are all stakeholders in this business and all have a common goal to make Salem a profitable company and a place to grow as individuals. We strive to be a workplace that people are attracted to, and like to think we take the extra steps to make sure our employees are happy on the job with a Health and Wellness Committee, opportunities for community involvement and flexible work schedules in addition to offering benefits such as health, dental, and vision insurance, retirement plans, paid vacation, and much more.
We offer equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Inside Sales and Service Position
REPORTS TO: Inside Sales Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for coordinated, timely, cost effective and profitable sales and customer satisfaction by assisting outside sales or working directly with customer in a supplies and machinery distribution organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
• Receive and process incoming orders accurately for products or services
• Recommend alternate products based on cost, availability or specifications
• Communicate with customers about order status, changes in prices, shipping dates or delays
• Prepare quotes, adhering to established pricing structures
• Handle customer complaints and requests for returns
• Complete and distribute necessary sales documents and/or information to outside sales
• Develop new customers by making outgoing sales calls
• Keep customers and other sales people advised of new products, product changes and obsolescence
• Increase sales and average order size by developing “upselling” skills
• Actively utilize CRM to record activities and ensure company and contact details are accurate
• Work with ecommerce by processing changes to add/update/remove products as needed
This job description is not intended as a complete list of all job duties. The incumbent may be required to perform other duties and tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION - To be successful in this role you will need:
• Glass or Stone fabrication industry knowledge OR industrial tooling/parts experience a must.
• Previous inside sales/customer service or college graduate in lieu of less than 2 years of experience
• Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus
• Mechanical aptitude is a plus, and ability to understand CAD drawings and prints very helpful.
• Computer literate (especially Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and CRM packages)
• Ability to communicate effectively; both orally and written
• Highly motivated and must demonstrate a proactive and positive attitude
• Familiarity with inside and outside sales environment
• Self-starter – ability to work independently with good decision-making skills
• Ability to multi-task; must be organized
• Team player with a positive attitude
This job description is intended to provide general information about the position. It is not an employment contract. As with all positions, the responsibilities, duties, and requirements of this job may change. The company, in its discretion, may alter this job description at any time with or without notice.
For more information, or to apply, please contact us at: email@example.com
Salem Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.