Salem is a certified 100% employee owned company. An employee stock ownership plan allows employees to directly benefit from company growth and profitability brought about through their own hard work. Since 2000, Salem has made annual contributions to the employee stock ownership plan for all eligible employees. Our employee-owners are invested in delivering success!
Salem Distributing Company, Inc., through each of our four divisions – SALEM Flat Glass & Mirror, SALEM Stone, SALEM Vision and SALEM Advanced Surfaces, employs people in locations across the United States in addition to our facilities in North Carolina, California and Toronto, Canada.
Salem offers employee-owners the stability of a recognized leader in the industries it serves, along with the chance to learn, grow, advance and make a difference. As a private company, we are all stakeholders in this business and all have a common goal to make Salem a profitable company and a place to grow as individuals. We strive to be a workplace that people are attracted to, and like to think we take the extra steps to make sure our employees are happy on the job with a Health and Wellness Committee, opportunities for community involvement and flexible work schedules in addition to offering benefits such as health, dental, and vision insurance, retirement plans, paid vacation, and much more.
We offer equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Ophthalmic/Precision Division Manager
Reports to: Vice President of Sales
Job Summary: The Ophthalmic/Precision Division Manager will be responsible for consulting and recommending supplies, as well as specific tooling and/or machinery to fit customer needs in our Ophthalmic and Precision Division. This position will also assist in establishing long and short-term sales strategies that are aligned with approved marketing strategies of Salem. The candidate should be located in the East Coast area (ideally North-East).
Key industrial applications include ophthalmic (lenses for eyewear), precision optics, electro optics, polishing and grinding of plastics, acrylics, various glass types, brittle surfaces and an industrial sales background is needed.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and execute strategic plans for Salem ensuring goals and objectives to support the corporate strategic and business plans.
- Develop, manage and attain the annual sales goals and gross margin plans for divisions.
- Prepare monthly sales reports and enter account updates in TDF (Customer Relationship Module).
- Handle technical calls and troubleshooting from customers and sales force related to supplies and provide assistance with repairs of equipment.
- Ability to develop rapport with customer management and maintain strong working relationships.
This job description is not intended as a complete list of all job duties. The incumbent may be required to perform other duties and tasks.
- Experience in lens processing and optics a definite plus.
- BA/BS required or industry experience equivalent.
- 5 Years of experience in customer service or sales (preferably outside sales).
- Excellent driving record. Must be able to travel to customer locations, trade shows and other events as requested.
- 50% overnight travel a possibility.
- Autonomy (performs without any or limited supervision)
- Technical ability
- Self-starter with strong initiative
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Continuously strives to become a product and application expert
This job description is intended to provide general information about the position. It is not an employment contract. As with all positions, the responsibilities, duties, and requirements of this job may change. The company, in its discretion, may alter this job description at any time with or without notice.
For more information, or to apply, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salem Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer