Salem is a certified 100% employee owned company. An employee stock ownership plan allows employees to directly benefit from company growth and profitability brought about through their own hard work. Since 2000, Salem has made annual contributions to the employee stock ownership plan for all eligible employees. Our employee-owners are invested in delivering success!
Salem Distributing Company, Inc., through each of our four divisions – SALEM Flat Glass & Mirror, SALEM Stone, SALEM Vision and SALEM Advanced Surfaces, employs people in locations across the United States in addition to our facilities in North Carolina, California and Toronto, Canada.
Salem offers employee-owners the stability of a recognized leader in the industries it serves, along with the chance to learn, grow, advance and make a difference. As a private company, we are all stakeholders in this business and all have a common goal to make Salem a profitable company and a place to grow as individuals. We strive to be a workplace that people are attracted to, and like to think we take the extra steps to make sure our employees are happy on the job with a Health and Wellness Committee, opportunities for community involvement and flexible work schedules in addition to offering benefits such as health, dental, and vision insurance, retirement plans, paid vacation, and much more.
We offer equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Regional Account Manager (Field Sales) – Based in Florida
REPORTS TO: VP Sales & Marketing Supplies
JOB SUMMARY: This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to take over a well-established, yet potentially rich territory which is ranked in the top echelon of the organization.
The Regional Account Manager reports to the VP of Sales and Marketing and directs territory activities in Florida, Southern Georgia, Southern Alabama and other southeastern states. The Regional Manager’s performance has a significant impact on the company, affecting both profitability and strategic positioning. Development of key target accounts and new sales is a must. The RAM consults for and recommends specific tooling and machinery to fit customer needs helping to establish long and short-term sales strategies in alignment with approved marketing strategies of Salem.
Key industrial applications include cutting, grinding and precision polishing of all glass types, precision optics, plastics, acrylics, metals and many other materials with brittle surfaces. An industrial sales background with glass-related experience is a must.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
Develop, manage and attain the annual sales goals and gross margin plans.
• Develop and execute strategic plans for Salem ensuring goals and objectives support the corporate strategic and business plans.
• Prepare weekly and monthly sales reports as well as quarterly account review status.
• Communicates powerfully and persuasively using various styles and effectively addresses different needs and audiences.
• Ability to develop rapport with customer management and maintain strong working relationships.
• Successfully manages customer expectations. • Promotes excellence by providing superior technical service to each customer.
• Excellent multi-tasking skills. Prioritizes and performs a variety of concurrent tasks within the assigned territory.
• Embrace the ESOP Culture.
This job description is not intended as a complete list of all job duties. The incumbent may be required to perform other duties and tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION - To be successful in this role you will need:
• Experience in the flat glass or glass-related industries is a must.
• Expert problem-solver. Sorts through complex issues and conducts comparative analysis of multiple solutions in solving technical product issues. Has an ability to assist customers in making decisions.
• Has had good career stability.
• Excellent driving record. Must be able to travel to customer locations, trade shows and other events as requested.
• 50% overnight travel required.
• Spanish speaking a BIG plus.
• BA/BS required or industry experience equivalent.
• 5 Years of experience in:
o One or more of the industries we service (listed above)
o Customer service.
This job description is intended to provide general information about the position. It is not an employment contract. As with all positions, the responsibilities, duties, and requirements of this job may change. The company, in its discretion, may alter this job description at any time with or without notice.
For more information, or to apply, please contact us at: email@example.com
Salem Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.