Salem is a certified 100% employee owned company. An employee stock ownership plan allows employees to directly benefit from company growth and profitability brought about through their own hard work. Since 2000, Salem has made annual contributions to the employee stock ownership plan for all eligible employees. Our employee-owners are invested in delivering success!
Salem Distributing Company, Inc., through each of our four divisions – SALEM Flat Glass & Mirror, SALEM Stone, SALEM Vision and SALEM Advanced Surfaces, employs people in locations across the United States in addition to our facilities in North Carolina, California and Toronto, Canada.
Salem offers employee-owners the stability of a recognized leader in the industries it serves, along with the chance to learn, grow, advance and make a difference. As a private company, we are all stakeholders in this business and all have a common goal to make Salem a profitable company and a place to grow as individuals. We strive to be a workplace that people are attracted to, and like to think we take the extra steps to make sure our employees are happy on the job with a Health and Wellness Committee, opportunities for community involvement and flexible work schedules in addition to offering benefits such as health, dental, and vision insurance, retirement plans, paid vacation, and much more.
We offer equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Field Service Engineer - North Carolina
REPORTS TO: Director of Technical Services
Job Responsibilities: The Field Service Engineer is responsible for providing technical support to customers in the Flat Glass & Mirror Industries. This is a field support position that requires traveling to customer sites to provide superior technical support. Customers are located at various areas across the United States and Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• The ability to perform installation, periodic maintenance, troubleshooting, programming, and repair equipment. (initial training will be provided; previous experience is a plus).
• Provide technical, operational, and maintenance training on equipment.
• Document service activities and all related expenses.
• The ideal individual will provide crucial feedback information to the main office for Periodic Maintenance program and design improvement initiatives.
• Individual may attend trade shows to set up and tear down equipment and will be the technical representative to answer specific questions pertaining to the equipment during the show.
• Work closely with fellow owners/technicians to maintain the warehouse, machine shop, and grounds.
• Promote Salem supplies (wheels, cerium, etc.) while in front of customers.
• Rebuild and repair glass machinery at Salem.
• Maintain a high level of professionalism at all times “You are Salem”.
• Embrace the ESOP Culture.
• Follow Salem’s safety procedures and processes.
• Other duties as assigned.
This job description is not intended as a complete list of all job duties. The incumbent may be required to perform other duties and tasks.
Qualifications/Education – To be successful in the role you will need:
• Strong communication skills (both verbal and written), organizational, and customer service skills are required.
• Associates Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience preferred but not required.
• The ability to read wiring diagrams and pneumatic diagrams.
• Experience servicing mechanical, electrical, electronic, and CNC control devices preferred.
• Experience as a traveling technician is a plus.
• Competent with power tools (drills, grinders, reciprocating saws, etc.)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
• Bi-Lingual – English/Spanish a plus.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Will involve 75% - 100% travel time.
• Must be able to work an occasional weekend and flexible enough to travel at a moment’s notice (usually with 24 hours’ notice) to customer site to repair equipment. (Most travel is planned in advance usually with a 2 week notice or more.)
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand.
• The employee is regularly required to kneel, climb, reach, bend, push, and pull.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 90 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
This job description is intended to provide general information about the position. It is not an employment contract. As with all positions, the responsibilities, duties, and requirements of this job may change. The company, in its discretion, may alter this job description at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this position, send your resume and interest letter to Leslie Ellis at email@example.com.
Salem Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.